Police investigate Fayetteville shooting
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are looking for an alleged gunman after two people were shot in the 500 block of Nottingham Drive around 6:46 p.m. Sunday.
Investigators said the alleged shooter, later identified as 29-year-old Lamar Terrell Whitted, went by the house two times. On the second visit, he got into an argument with people in the home, took out a pistol, and started shooting.
James Ryan Pilot, 22, was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center after suffering multiple gunshot wounds. Katina General, 29, was also injured after being grazed by a bullet.
Whitted reportedly then fled the scene.
A warrant for his arrest has been issued for assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and shooting into an occupied property.
Detectives also charged and arrested 27-year-old Aaron Jarmar Whitted with accessory after the fact in connection with the shooting. Aaron Whitted is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $5,000 bond.
Pilot is currently listed in stable condition at the hospital.
Lamar Whitted's last known address was 537 Nottingham Drive. Police said he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information concerning his whereabouts is asked to call detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, local/state
- Authorities investigating fatal shooting 28 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help