Escaped inmate captured in Robeson County
ROBESON COUNTY (WTVD) -- An inmate who escaped from the Robeson Correctional Center Monday morning is back in custody.
Authorities said Shanendoa Hunt was captured around 10:30 a.m. at a mobile home off Pittman Road near Lumberton after escaping hours earlier.
Hunt, who was serving an 8-year sentence for multiple convictions of breaking and entering, along with a conviction for misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon, was returned to state prison after his capture.
He was scheduled for release in September 2015, but now faces additional charges for felony escape.
Robeson Correctional Center is a minimum-security prison housing around 270 men in Lumberton.
robeson county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos