Amtrak passengers stranded for 13 hours
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A group of passengers on Amtrak train number 91 arrived in Raleigh around 11 a.m. Monday, more than 13 hours after they were supposed to get there.
The train left New York Sunday, and was supposed to arrive in Raleigh around 9 p.m. But, the train developed a mechanical problem in Virginia and sat on the tracks all night.
Passengers told ABC11 there was no food, no water, and bathrooms were either dirty or clogged. They also complained about a lack of communication from Amtrak about what was going on, and how long it was going to take to fix.
"No updates, that was the frustrating part. Nobody told us," said one woman.
"Amtrak has to do something because what just happened there is unacceptable," said another passenger.
Amtrak told ABC11 the mechanical problem was with an axle under the dining car. It said passengers did have access to food, bathrooms, water, and air conditioning while the train sat on the tracks.
In all, more than 250 passengers were on the train bound for Miami.
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home 59 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney 34 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching...
43 min ago
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trial
51 min ago
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
55 min ago