Arrest made in fatal Durham hit-and-run
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police have made an arrest in connection with a fatal hit-and-run in Durham Monday evening.
It happened just before 9 p.m. in the 1700 block of Hillandale Road near a golf course and Interstate 85.
Authorities said 36-year-old Seth Vidal, of Durham, was going north on Hillandale Road when he was struck from behind by a vehicle.
The force of the impact sent Vidal and his bicycle into a ditch. He was taken to Duke Hospital where he later died.
Police charged Maceo Kemp Jr., 27, with felony hit-and-run and driving with a revoked license after they say he hit Vidal. Kemp turned himself into police Tuesday afternoon.
Vidal was a senior software engineer at Red Hat. His funeral arrangements have not been finalized.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos