Heavy rains lead to road closure near Rolesville
ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Crews have set up a roadblock at Mitchell Mill at Lassiter Roads in Rolesville.
Officials said nearly three and a half inches of rain fell in less than 90 minutes Monday evening.
The water is gone now, but deputies are worried the culvert under the road might have been compromised.
The Department of Transportation will check on the culvert.
wake county, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 45 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 37 min ago
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 57 min ago
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem 31 min ago
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 22 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column