North Carolina tie to Kansas murder-suicide
BONNER SPRINGS, Kan. (WTVD) -- Two bodies found in a Kansas hotel have ties to Cumberland County.
KCTV-TV in Kansas City reports a man and woman were found in the Bonner Springs Holiday Inn Express Thursday.
They were identified as Lacie Martinez and Michael James, Jr., of Fayetteville, both in their 20s. Investigators believe it was a murder-suicide.
Police towed away a truck with North Carolina license plates that belonged to one of the victims.
cumberland county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide