Jet makes emergency landing at RDU
RALEIGH-DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- A JetBlue flight from LaGuardia to Tampa made an emergency landing at RDU Airport Friday evening.
Airport officials told ABC11 that a smoke indicator light on JetBlue flight 1117, an Airbus 320, went off in the cockpit for a compartment underneath the aircraft.
The pilot declared an "Alert 2" emergency and landed at RDU at 7:13 p.m.
After landing, fire crews checked the plane.
Officials said there was no immediate danger to the 138 passengers and crew members on board.
The plane resumed its flight at 9:35 p.m. after being checked by mechanics.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 30 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 4 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 24 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help