Durham police search for hammer-wielding suspects
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating two robberies that took place near Duke's campus where suspects were armed with hammers.
Police said the first incident happened on Friday around 10:30 p.m. on Campus Walk Drive. A female told police she was approached by two males with hammers as she was getting out of her vehicle. She said the men robbed her and fled the scene.
The victim was not injured.
The second armed robbery happened Saturday outside an apartment complex in the 700 block of Morreene Road around 11:15 a.m. Police said a man with a hammer approached another man sitting outside his car and robbed him.
The victim suffered a laceration to the head and was taken to the hospital.
Police are currently investigating the two incidents and cannot yet confirm if they are related.
durham county, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire 10 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 26 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen...
25 min ago