Cary man charged with sex exploitation
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Cary man is charged with first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to an arrest warrant, 28-year-old Josh Parker Wheeless of Wicklow Drive convinced a teen to send him nude photos via cell phone.
Police say a few days ago a man who knows Wheeless was checking the cell phone of his 16-year-old daughter when he came across a nude picture of a man. Although the picture didn't show a face, the father recognized the number and called police.
Cary investigators say they soon found Wheeless had also gotten the girl to send him nude pictures of her as well.
According an online profile, Wheeless is a graduate of Southeastern Bible College, in Alabama. He was once on the staff of a local church, and teaches classes for carrying concealed weapons.
Police say Wheeless is now a door to door salesman.
A staffer at his former church says the father of three left to go into law enforcement.
Wheeless faces more than 19 years in prison if convicted.
wake county, sex offense, local/state
- Food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 2 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Fatal pedestrian accident in Selma 19 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- Car hits CAT bus, injuries reported
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Teachers union files suit challenging school voucher law
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Musical of film 'Bull Durham' to hit the stage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help