Cary man charged with sex exploitation
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Cary man is charged with first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to an arrest warrant, 28-year-old Josh Parker Wheeless of Wicklow Drive convinced a teen to send him nude photos via cell phone.
Police say a few days ago a man who knows Wheeless was checking the cell phone of his 16-year-old daughter when he came across a nude picture of a man. Although the picture didn't show a face, the father recognized the number and called police.
Cary investigators say they soon found Wheeless had also gotten the girl to send him nude pictures of her as well.
According an online profile, Wheeless is a graduate of Southeastern Bible College, in Alabama. He was once on the staff of a local church, and teaches classes for carrying concealed weapons.
Police say Wheeless is now a door to door salesman.
A staffer at his former church says the father of three left to go into law enforcement.
Wheeless faces more than 19 years in prison if convicted.
wake county, sex offense, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help