High speed chase ends with Durham crash
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A high-speed chase in Durham ended with a crash Thursday night.
Officials said it started when the Highway Patrol was doing license checks on Garrett Road and a driver tried to avoid the checkpoint.
Troopers chased the driver through the city at speeds topping 100 miles per hour before the driver crashed his car at Ward Street and Rosedale Avenue.
The man tried to run, but was arrested after a brief foot chase.
He is facing numerous charges related to the chase and for allegedly driving with a suspended license.
durham county, local/state
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder 31 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Charge dropped in Cary culvert fire
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Charities sound alarm about need this season
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 14 min ago
- Rescued paralyzed dog helps autistic kids
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help