Rash of home burglaries in Cary
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cary say there have been over 30 break-ins reported in as many days.
From June 16 to July 16, police officers have been called to 31 home break-ins.
They said a majority of the crimes happened during the day, with suspects prying open locked windows and doors to homes throughout Cary. Incidents have mainly been in the west Cary area and near Apex. Crimes have also been reported near eastern Durham and Chatham counties.
Jewelry, cash, video games and electronics were common items reportedly taken.
In some cases, authorities said residents were at home at the time of the break-ins, but were not injured.
Officials with the Town of Cary are asking homeowners to immediately report suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles and pedestrians near their home to police.
They also advise residents to keep valuables from plain sight of the street and make sure that all doors and windows are secured.
Anyone with information on the recent break-ins is asked to call the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746.
wake county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide