Sheriff: Man tried to buy child for sex
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Friday it has arrested a local businessman and charged him with attempting to arrange a meeting, for the purpose of having sex with an autistic child.
Forty-seven-year-old William Jerry Faulkner, Jr. of Red Oak Drive, Hope Mills is the manager of Taylor's Linden Mini-Storage in the town of Linden and is a retired military intelligence soldier.
Detectives said they found an illegal posting on Craigslist.com advertising for a single mother, who had a special needs child that he could have in exchange for compensation. Deputies said Faulkner intended to use the child for inappropriate sexual behavior.
Deputies said Faulkner is the first in North Carolina to be charged under the new "Shaniya's Law," the unlawful sale, surrender, or purchase of a minor. He is also faces charges of indecent liberties with a child.
He is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Centerl under $75,000 bond.
cumberland county, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help