Raleigh native killed while hiking at Mt. Olympus
OLYMPIA, Wash. (WTVD) -- A Raleigh native was killed while hiking at Mt. Olympus, according to Olympic National Park officials.
Officials said 28-year-old Richard Grey Liston was killed Saturday.
A group of people saw Liston fall around 7:45 a.m. One of the witnesses was a paramedic and was able to get to Liston and confirmed he was deceased.
Officials spent most of the day recovering his body, which was complete at 8 p.m.
Liston was living in Portland, but is originally from Raleigh and still has family there.
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies 43 min ago
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 35 min ago
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 26 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville 2 min ago
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help