NC State issues 'Wolf Alert' after resident awakes to burglary
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Officials at North Carolina State University have issued an alert after a man said he woke up to a suspect standing over him inside his Western Manor apartment in Raleigh.
According to NC State's Wolf Alert, the incident happened around 6 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials said a resident at the apartment complex on Avent Ferry Road near Centennial Parkway was awakened by a person standing over him and looking through some of his personal belongings.
The suspect then fled the scene.
According to the university's website, Western Manor is an apartment complex for NC State upper-class, graduate and post-doctoral students, as well as faculty and staff members.
Officials did not say whether the resident was a student or faculty member, but did say he reported the burglary to University Police hours later because his cell phone was taken. No weapon was reportedly used during the encounter.
The suspect is described as a bald, heavy set African American man, wearing glasses, a gray t-shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the incident is asked to contact NC State University Campus Police (919) 515-3000.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar