Durham crash leaves one person dead
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Person County woman was killed Wednesday in a double-vehicle crash in Durham.
Police say the accident happened at 2:18 p.m. when a Kia Optima driven by 34-year-old Amy Stone, of Hurdle Mills, apparently drifted across the center line into the southbound lanes and collided head-on with a Ford F350 truck driven by 18-year-old Eric Pendergrass, of Durham.
Stone was pronounced dead at the scene. Pendergrass and three passengers in his vehicle were taken to the hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
No charges have been filed.
All lanes of North Roxboro Road where closed for several hours while officers investigated the accident.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help