Assault reported at UNC
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- UNC police officers are investigating an assault reported Thursday morning by a female student.
Police said the victim was walking from the intersection of Cameron Avenue and South Columbia Street around 8:15 a.m. She noticed she was being followed by an unidentified male, and she went inside Carroll Hall -- a building that houses many of the journalism school's classrooms.
The victim told police that the suspect came from behind and forcefully slapped her on the buttocks. The suspect then fled the building and was last seen heading north toward South Road.
The suspect is described as a thin black male in his early 20s with shoulder-length dreadlocks and a medium complexion. He was dressed in long dark basketball shorts, a dark short-sleeved T-shirt and a black, red and white baseball cap with a royal blue skull cap underneath. He also had a royal blue two-string backpack and may have been using neon-colored ear-buds.
UNC Police are asking anyone with information about this incident to please call UNC Department of Public Safety at (919) 843-6165 or contact the Chapel Hill-Carrboro-UNC Crime Stoppers at (919) 942-7515.
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help