Possible mold found inside fruit drink
ELK GROVE, Calif. (WTVD) -- In California, a discovery that looked like a worm in a Capri Sun drink has gone viral on Facebook.
Two children grabbed two Capri Suns, but nothing came out of one of the drinks because something was stuck in the straw. That something they say looked like a worm.
"It was like slimy and like whitish like pink. It was just like it was gross," said Ashley Hibbard.
Even though it looks like a worm, Kraft Foods, the company behind Capri Sun, says it may be mold.
Kraft offered the family a replacement case, but they weren't interested.
Kraft Foods says ihas spent more than $ 2 million to make the drink's pouches stronger.
They suggest parents check for leaks before giving them to their kids.
Hibbard has now switched to a drink with a clear container so there is no chance of any more slimy surprises.
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help