1 killed, 2 injured in Harnett County crash
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- One man was killed and two others injured in a Harnett County crash Saturday night, according to N.C. Highway Patrol.
Troopers said 48-year-old Brian Seldmann crossed the center line on Ray Road around 5 p.m. and crashed into an oncoming vehicle. Seldmann was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other vehicle and his 10-year-old son were both taken to Cape Fear Valley Hospital in Fayetteville. Forty-year-old Burton Thompson is in fair condition. He suffered two broken legs and multiple other fractures. His son, Paul also suffered a broken leg and bruising. Paul was treated and released.
Officials said Seldmann was not wearing a seatbelt, but both Burton and Paul Thompson were.
Troopers said that alcohol is also believed to be a factor in the crash.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help