1 killed, 2 injured in Harnett County crash
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- One man was killed and two others injured in a Harnett County crash Saturday night, according to N.C. Highway Patrol.
Troopers said 48-year-old Brian Seldmann crossed the center line on Ray Road around 5 p.m. and crashed into an oncoming vehicle. Seldmann was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other vehicle and his 10-year-old son were both taken to Cape Fear Valley Hospital in Fayetteville. Forty-year-old Burton Thompson is in fair condition. He suffered two broken legs and multiple other fractures. His son, Paul also suffered a broken leg and bruising. Paul was treated and released.
Officials said Seldmann was not wearing a seatbelt, but both Burton and Paul Thompson were.
Troopers said that alcohol is also believed to be a factor in the crash.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties 26 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh