Bed bug infestation closes Harnett County hotel
DUNN, N.C. (WTVD) -- A bed bug infestation forced health officials to shut down a Harnett County hotel.
Harnett County Health Director John Rouse said his staff had worked with the Comfort Inn and Suites in Dunn since last summer to resolve the issue.
During an inspection last month, eight rooms were found to be infested with bed bugs.
A worker at the hotel told ABC11 that the owner wasn't available for comment Monday.
The health department is working with the hotel's owners to solve the bed bug issue.
A desk clerk told ABC11 that the hotel, except for ten rooms, were allowed to reopen Tuesday.
harnett county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help