Bed bug infestation closes Harnett County hotel
DUNN, N.C. (WTVD) -- A bed bug infestation forced health officials to shut down a Harnett County hotel.
Harnett County Health Director John Rouse said his staff had worked with the Comfort Inn and Suites in Dunn since last summer to resolve the issue.
During an inspection last month, eight rooms were found to be infested with bed bugs.
A worker at the hotel told ABC11 that the owner wasn't available for comment Monday.
The health department is working with the hotel's owners to solve the bed bug issue.
A desk clerk told ABC11 that the hotel, except for ten rooms, were allowed to reopen Tuesday.
harnett county, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 51 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays,...
53 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help