Man shot at Garner apartment complex
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- Garner police are investigating a shooting that seriously injured one person Wednesday evening.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. outside a building at the Westchester Apartments in the 900 block of Seventh Avenue.
The victim, 35-year-old Kyevon Diates Frazzell Gayles, was shot once and transported to WakeMed. At last report, he was in critical condition.
Garner police are looking for a black male seen leaving the area immediately following the shooting. The suspect is described as approximately 6 feet tall, average build, wearing a white ball cap with black brim, white tee shirt, black shorts, goatee, and dark complexion.
Police are looking for a white Nissan Altima or Maxima sedan seen leaving the area after the shooting. The vehicle is described as a newer model Nissan with no known after market accessories.
Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to contact the Garner Police Department at (919) 772-8810.
wake county, shooting, local/state, elaina athans
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 6 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 36 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 29 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 51 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 51 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 50 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 36 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
5 min ago
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
46 min ago