Troubleshooting continues for new Medicaid system
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Healthcare providers packed into the Raleigh Convention Center Thursday to try and understand the state's new Medicaid system called N.C. Tracks.
Doctors, dentists, and others treating Medicaid patients say they are submitting the bills to the state and are not getting paid.
"The system has changed a lot from the old system of submitting claims," Goldsboro dentist Dr. Benjamin Williams said.
Williams is one of the 400 people who came to Raleigh to learn more about the new system and to find out why the state hasn't paid him the nearly $2,000 he said he is owed.
"The amount of information we have is a lot to learn." Williams said.
DHHS spokesperson Brad Deen said a lot of that learning could have happened months ago, before N.C. Tracks went online.
The department held training sessions around the state, and even in the same room where people gathered Thursday.
"We had literally 20 people in the same room. We did what we could to make the information available," Deen said.
Deen said that they knew there would be problems after other states made similar transitions. Deen believes that the system is working, overall, and they are working through any problems that arise.
"We are committed to this system for the next seven years contractually. So, we are hoping people come up to speed with it as quickly as possible to avoid any unnecessary delays getting paid," Deen said.
Of the healthcare providers ABC11 spoke with, most said they think N.C Tracks will ultimately be a better system, but it could take some time. Thursday's was the sixth troubleshooting seminar in the past two weeks. All have been at or over capacity.
local/state, jon camp
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help