Chatham teen charged with shooting cars
PITTSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Chatham County Sheriff's Office said Friday it has charged a 15-year-old with shooting at three vehicles on US 15-501.
It happened Monday evening in the area of US 15-501 North and Hamlet's Chapel Church Road, North of Pittsboro.
Deputies said all three vehicles were headed north on the road when it happened. Damage included penetration holes in the side panels and broken window glass. No one was hurt.
Investigators said they got a tip that a teen was seen in the area with a pellet gun and went to the boy's home. A CO2 gas-powered pellet rifle was recovered and the boy arrested.
As he's a juvenile, he has not been named.
chatham county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help