Chatham teen charged with shooting cars
PITTSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Chatham County Sheriff's Office said Friday it has charged a 15-year-old with shooting at three vehicles on US 15-501.
It happened Monday evening in the area of US 15-501 North and Hamlet's Chapel Church Road, North of Pittsboro.
Deputies said all three vehicles were headed north on the road when it happened. Damage included penetration holes in the side panels and broken window glass. No one was hurt.
Investigators said they got a tip that a teen was seen in the area with a pellet gun and went to the boy's home. A CO2 gas-powered pellet rifle was recovered and the boy arrested.
As he's a juvenile, he has not been named.
chatham county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help