Arrest made in Tobacco Trail robbery
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police say they've charged a man in a June 18 robbery along the Durham section of the American Tobacco Trail.
Derrick Wells, 22, of Otis Street, faces two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. He was placed in the Durham County Jail under a $500,000 bond.
The charges come after two men walking on the trail between Otis Street and Fayetteville Street the evening of June 18 reported two males robbed them at gunpoint. The robbers got away with $4 and a cell phone.
The second suspect has not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator J.J. Locklear at (919) 560-4415, ext. 29309 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help