Kayakers rescued from Durham County river
DURHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two kayakers trapped on a creek in northern Durham County have been rescued.
It happened in a Flat River which runs off of Lake Michie in the 6900 block of Old Oxford Highway around 3:30 p.m.
Video from Chopper 11 HD showed at least two people up against a tree in the creek.
There were reports that one of the kayakers' legs was trapped.
durham county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help