1 killed in I-40 crash in Johnston County
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- One person was killed in a crash on I-40 in Johnston County, according to officials.
The crash happened in the westbound lanes at exit 312, NC-42 just after 1 p.m.
The N.C. Highway Patrol said Henry Richards Spivey, of Zebulon was driving a motorcycle when he rear ended a car. Spivey was thrown from the motorcycle and pronounced dead at the scene.
No one else was injured in the crash.
Two of three lanes were closed while officials investigated the crash.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 43 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 42 min ago