Second suspect in Duke robberies arrested
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say the second suspect in robberies at Duke Gardens has been captured.
Authorities said 20-year-old Denshawn S. Thompson was arrested in Durham by the U.S. Marshals Service's Violent Fugitive Task Force.
Thompson is charged with four counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon and other crimes related to incidents that occurred in the gardens on July 15 and July 25.
Bond was set at $3 million.
The other person allegedly involved - 20-year-old Tamisha Thompson - was arrested by Durham police August 1.
Duke officials thanked law enforcement officials for the arrests.
"These types of incidents are not common on our campus, and we are pleased that the investigative work by Duke and Durham Police and other agencies has led to the arrest of both suspects," said Kyle Cavanaugh, vice president for administration.
duke, durham county, robbery, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds 47 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her