Durham authorities investigating home invasion
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Authorities in Durham are searching for several suspects in connection with a home invasion Thursday.
It happened around 9:15 a.m. in the 3900 block of Olde Coach Road, near the Interstate 40/U.S. Highway 15/501 interchange.
Authorities said a man at the house called 911 after he said a group of hispanic men robbed the home while he was held at gunpoint.
The victim told authorities that he was in bed when he heard loud crashing sounds downstairs, and then a man armed with a pistol came into his bedroom.
The victim said the suspects took several electronics including his cell phone, before fleeing the scene in a silver sedan.
Authorities said the victim was not injured and used a neighbor's phone to call 911 after the suspects left.
Investigators said they believed the home was selected at random and that the suspects did not know anyone was home when they decided to break in.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Sheriff's Investigations Division at (919) 560-0880 or Durham CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help