Police-involved shooting under investigation in Wilson
WILSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say a Wilson police officer shot a knife-wielding man while responding to a report of a fight at a house Thursday afternoon.
Officers were first called to the home in the 1800 block of Rand Road around 2:40 p.m.
Police say Ryan Borunda was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. There's no word on his condition.
The officer involved has been identified as Donald Lucas.
The State Bureau of Investigation has been called in, which is standard procedure in any officer-involved shooting.
This case remains under investigation.
wilson county, local/state, elaina athans
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties 31 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash 45 min ago
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole