Police-involved shooting under investigation in Wilson
WILSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say a Wilson police officer shot a knife-wielding man while responding to a report of a fight at a house Thursday afternoon.
Officers were first called to the home in the 1800 block of Rand Road around 2:40 p.m.
Police say Ryan Borunda was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. There's no word on his condition.
The officer involved has been identified as Donald Lucas.
The State Bureau of Investigation has been called in, which is standard procedure in any officer-involved shooting.
This case remains under investigation.
wilson county, local/state, elaina athans
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...