Man fatally shot at Aberdeen Burger King
ABERDEEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- One person was shot and killed outside a Burger King in Moore County, according to officials.
The shooting happened Saturday morning just after 9 a.m. at the restaurant located on U.S. 1.
The victim's family said the man was eating breakfast inside the restaurant with his father and stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. While he was outside, two men approached him and shot him.
The family did not know if the victim knew the suspects.
Police identified the victim as 23-year-old Wesley Allan Swinnie from the Hoffman area in Richmond County. Police said he was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene.
Aberdeen police said they have two suspects in custody after a brief chase.
moore county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75