Cumberland County church checkbook thief sought
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Cumberland County Sheriff's Office is searching for a woman who broke in to a local business and stole a checkbook, as well as property belonging to the victim.
Greg Bullock of WHI Sand and Gravel of Fayetteville reported a break-in of his business on June 7, 2013. The suspect stole engine oil, a pressure washer, hydraulic fluid, and damaged a door jam. She also took a checkbook from Bullock's desk drawer that belonged to a church where he is a superintendant.
The woman was captured in surveillance video at a Wells Fargo Bank on Raeford Road, attempting to cash a forged check for $2,300. She was unsuccessful.
Detectives have obtained a photo of the suspect. She is described as African American with a medium complexion, and wears her hair pulled back in a pony tail.
If you have any information about this suspect, please contact the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
cumberland county, local/state
- Orange County authorities investigating shooting 24 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help