Pedestrian killed in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville have identified the man who was hit and killed while walking along Raeford Road Monday night.
Police said around 8:15 p.m. 64-year-old Sylvester Eskridge stepped into the path of a 2004 Ford driven by 64-year-old Victor Phillip.
They said an investigation revealed Eskridge, of Wayside Road, was attempting to cross Raeford Road near the Duke Street intersection when the accident happened.
An ambulance rushed Eskridge to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he later died.
Phillip was not injured during the collision and will not face any criminal charges, according to police.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide