NCCU coach suspended
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central Head Football Coach Henry Frazier has been suspended by the school after allegedly violating the terms of a domestic violence order.
Frazier was arrested Monday on the misdemeanor charge and released on $5,000 bond.
The domestic violence order was issued after Frazier was first arrested last year following a domestic dispute with his wife. Frazier is now not allowed to contact her.
A police report says Frazier wrote a letter to his ex-wife about a parking ticket, saying he had paid it and would deduct the money from his monthly alimony check. The letter was delivered by the couple's son. But the order states Frazier can't use a third party like a friend or a family member to communicate.
"As far as I can tell, she went to the magistrate's office and some magistrate issued a violation of domestic violence protective order warrant," explained Frazier's attorney Ralph Frasier.
Frazer's arrest and suspension comes as NCCU prepares to play Duke on the gridiron. Dwayne Foster, assistant head coach, will serve as acting head football coach.
"He does have a court date on September 30. We would like to have that date moved up so that we can have a trial, if necessary, and get this situation over with," said Frasier.
nccu, durham county, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 1 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help