Fort Bragg soldier killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Department of Defense announced that a Fort Bragg soldier was killed Tuesday in Afghanistan.
Officials said 37-year-old Master Sgt. George A. Bannar Jr., of Orange, Va., died of injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire in Wardak Province, Afghanistan.
Bannar was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg.
fort bragg, local/state
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil 45 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- NCCU new head football coach named 15 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges 5 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 40 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy? 54 min ago
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC 26 min ago
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed 19 min ago
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 49 min ago
- Man charged with attempted murder, arson
- Camp director facing child porn charges
7 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
53 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help