Durham deputies investigating fatal shooting
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Durham County Sheriff's Office is trying to get to the bottom of a shooting early Friday that left a man dead in a home in the 300-block of Stoney Creek Circle.
Deputies said their preliminary investigation shows a man broke into a home and was confronted by a resident who allegedly shot him in the neck, killing him.
"It appears the victim and the shooter may have known each other and it's possible that the man who was killed may have been involved with other members of the household. We're still working to work those details and relationships out at this point," explained Paul Sherwin with the Durham County Sheriff's Office.
After the shooting, the resident who allegedly shot the man left the home. Deputies said they were looking for him to speak with him about what happened. He was identified as Carlos Hernandez. Detectives did not have his exact age or a picture. He was described as a Hispanic male, early to mid-forties, possibly driving a small red sedan.
Deputies asked Hernandez to call them at (919) 560-0880 so he could tell them what happened.
durham county, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help