Body found at Cumberland recycling plant
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says detectives have begun a death investigation after a body was found Thursday morning at a recycling plant in Fayetteville.
According to deputies, they got a call from Pratt Industries at 3780 Owen Drive shortly before 8:30 a.m. when an employee found the woman's body lying in a pile of cardboard boxes.
The body was partially decomposed and is now at the medical examiner's office.
There's no word on how long it may have been at the recycling center or where it came from.
cumberland county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help