Body found at Cumberland recycling plant
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says detectives have begun a death investigation after a body was found Thursday morning at a recycling plant in Fayetteville.
According to deputies, they got a call from Pratt Industries at 3780 Owen Drive shortly before 8:30 a.m. when an employee found the woman's body lying in a pile of cardboard boxes.
The body was partially decomposed and is now at the medical examiner's office.
There's no word on how long it may have been at the recycling center or where it came from.
cumberland county, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help