NCCU fires head football coach
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central Head Football Coach Henry Frazier has been fired by the school after allegedly violating the terms of a domestic violence order.
In a statement sent out Thursday afternoon, NCCU said Frazier's personal issues "have caused the university to shift its focus from the priorities of student-athletes."
Frazier was arrested Monday on a misdemeanor charge and released on $5,000 bond. The domestic violence order he allegedly violated was issued when he was arrested last year following a domestic dispute with his wife. Frazier is not allowed to contact her.
A police report says Frazier wrote a letter to his ex-wife about a parking ticket, saying he had paid it and would deduct the money from his monthly alimony check. The letter was delivered by the couple's son. But the order states Frazier can't use a third party like a friend or a family member to communicate.
"NCCU does not condone alleged conduct or behaviors that are counter to the institution's culture of providing a nurturing environment that supports student learning and academic success," the school said.
NCCU has named Dwayne Foster, assistant head coach, as acting head football coach.
nccu, durham county, local/state
- Jury resumes deliberations in jailer trial
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail 20 min ago
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Accident shuts down Durham road
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help