Body found at recycling plant identified
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The body found at a Fayetteville recycling plant has been identified as 53-year old Margie Bernard McLaurin.
McLaurin, 53, of the 2300 block of Edgar Street, Fayetteville was found lying among cardboard boxes by an employee of Pratt Industries on Owen Drive Thursday.
Neighbors who spoke to ABC11 were stunned to hear the news.
"Around here you never know, you know. People try to make a living and they try to make it out here, and you know people just take life for granted," said neighbor Yvonne Morrison. "And it's sad this has happened to her in that way, you know. To dispose of someone like that is just horrible."
The cause of McLaurin's death is undetermined, pending the outcome of toxicology testing.
Cumberland County Sheriff's homicide detectives are continuing with their investigation.
cumberland county, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home 51 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 52 min ago
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2 59 min ago
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney 26 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching...
35 min ago
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trial
43 min ago
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
47 min ago