Body found at recycling plant identified
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The body found at a Fayetteville recycling plant has been identified as 53-year old Margie Bernard McLaurin.
McLaurin, 53, of the 2300 block of Edgar Street, Fayetteville was found lying among cardboard boxes by an employee of Pratt Industries on Owen Drive Thursday.
Neighbors who spoke to ABC11 were stunned to hear the news.
"Around here you never know, you know. People try to make a living and they try to make it out here, and you know people just take life for granted," said neighbor Yvonne Morrison. "And it's sad this has happened to her in that way, you know. To dispose of someone like that is just horrible."
The cause of McLaurin's death is undetermined, pending the outcome of toxicology testing.
Cumberland County Sheriff's homicide detectives are continuing with their investigation.
cumberland county, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help