Aberdeen man charged with child sex offense
ABERDEEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- Moore County officials have arrested a man in connection with the sexual assaults of 8 and 10 year old children.
Investigators arrested 30-year-old Martin Rubio Alverez, of Aberdeen on Friday.
Alverez was charged with four counts of felony indecent liberties with a minor, four counts of felony child abuse, two counts of sexual battery, and two counts of assault on a child under 12.
He is being held in the Moore County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 16.
moore county, sex offense, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 49 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 41 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 32 min ago
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets