Possible drag racing crash on Roosevelt Boulevard
OXFORD CIRCLE - August 25, 2013 -- A possible drag race on Roosevelt Boulevard led to an early morning crash, according to authorities.
Witnesses tell Philadelphia police they saw two cars racing in the 5800 block of the Boulevard in Oxford Circle around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, when one of the vehicles went out of control and slammed into two trees.
The occupants of the car got out, jumped into another vehicle, and fled the scene.
Police are checking area hospitals in case anyone hurt in the crash sought medical help.
philadelphia, roosevelt boulevard, oxford circle, accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help