Reward offered for Durham murder information
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A reward is now being offered for information leading to an arrest in connection with an April homicide on Guess Road.
Officers were dispatched to a call in the 1800 block of Guess Road early on the morning of April 30.
When they arrived, they found 41-year-old Kevin Ramon Leathers dead inside the house. Leathers had been beaten to death and investigators are still trying to determine a motive.
"My heart still hurts. We just miss him," said Leathers' sister, Jacqueline Carroway. "It was horrible. Imagine making arrangements, and then you have to unmake them because his face was so disfigured. We couldn't bury him."
The family wants and checks with police almost daily. They are hoping someone has come forward, and is behind bars.
"I know their conscious is eating them alive. I know it is. It will come,' said Leathers' daughter, KeShaunna Green. "Their day will come. It will come."
Details of the reward issued by the Durham Police Department have not been released, but the family hopes any incentive will be enough to give them closure.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29337 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, homicide, local/state, angelica alvarez
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help