Tractor trailers crash, close I-85 SB
GRANVILLE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A crash involving two tractor-trailers led to the closure of both lanes of Interstate 85 southbound in Granville County Tuesday night.
It happened around 10 p.m. just south of exit 204, at N.C. Highway 96 in Oxford. The ramp to exit 204 also had to be closed as crews worked to clean up spilled diesel fuel.
No one was seriously injured.
Authorities charged one of the truck drivers with failing to yield the right of way, which allegedly caused the collision.
The highway was later reopened around midnight.
granville county, i85, accident, local/state
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 39 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 30 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 26 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help