Tractor trailers crash, close I-85 SB
GRANVILLE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A crash involving two tractor-trailers led to the closure of both lanes of Interstate 85 southbound in Granville County Tuesday night.
It happened around 10 p.m. just south of exit 204, at N.C. Highway 96 in Oxford. The ramp to exit 204 also had to be closed as crews worked to clean up spilled diesel fuel.
No one was seriously injured.
Authorities charged one of the truck drivers with failing to yield the right of way, which allegedly caused the collision.
The highway was later reopened around midnight.
granville county, i85, accident, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help