Creedmoor Village opens Harris Teeter
WAKE FOREST (WTVD) -- Some Wake County residents no longer have to drive out of their way for groceries Wednesday.
A new Harris Teeter store opened Wednesday morning off Highway 98 and Creedmoor Road.
The grocery store chain anticipates a lot of growth in the Wake Forest area. Although the area may seem rural, according to Wake County, it is one of the fastest growing areas in the county.
An expecting mother and her toddler told ABC11 a trip to the grocery store is a little easier now that it is a few miles down the road from their home.
"This is great, I'm expecting in a few weeks and I use to have to drive 15 minutes, and now it's just right down the street," she said.
According to Wake County Zoning and Planning Department, more subdivisions are planned for this rural area, at least five in the next few years. An area that was once known for its quiet back roads and farms is now expected to grow with development.
The Creedmoor Village Harris Teeter will be open 24 hours, and the Harris Teeter pharmacy will be open seven days per week.
The new store is located in the Creedmoor Village Shopping Center on Brodgen Woods Drive in Wake Forest.
wake county, local/state
- Police: Teen had gunshot residue on hands
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday 46 min ago
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital 42 min ago
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban 32 min ago
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help