Remains of Korean War veteran missing 63 years return home
August 28, 2013 (MCHENRY, Ill.) -- Police and motorcyclists escorted the remains of Corporal Donald MacLean to a funeral home in northwest suburban McHenry.
Police and motorcyclists escorted the remains of Corporal Donald MacLean to a funeral home in northwest suburban McHenry.
He was listed as missing in action in December 1950.
His remains were recently identified.
MacLean's twin sister Donna described how it feels to finally have some answers.
"I wouldn't say a relief. But at least now I know this is it. Accept it and go on. That's all you can do," said Donna Mitchell, sister.
Mitchell says her brother was just 17 when he joined the Army.
He will be laid to rest on Saturday.
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks 43 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911 34 min ago
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
49 min ago
- Durham Public Schools seeks solutions to...
44 min ago
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
54 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help