Woman accused of leaving toddler in hot van
August 28, 2013 (SCHERERVILLE, Ind.) -- A northwest Indiana woman is accused of leaving her 1-year-old daughter inside a van on a day the temperature was 100 degrees.
Leah Grentzer of Schererville is charged with neglect of a dependent. The incident happened August 18 in a supermarket parking lot.
Police say Grentzer told them she forgot the child was in the van.
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake