Construction begins on CTA Cermak Green Line station
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and local officials will break ground Thursday on the new Cermak Green Line station, a $50 million construction project that could reshape the area around McCormick Place.
The station will be located near the intersection of Cermak Avenue and State Street and directly west of the McCormick Place Convention Center.
The main station building will be on the north side of Cermak Road and will be located in the 2 mile stretch between the existing Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT Green Line stations.
The new CTA station is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills 6 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- NC photographer helps shelter dogs find a home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help