Construction begins on CTA Cermak Green Line station
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and local officials will break ground Thursday on the new Cermak Green Line station, a $50 million construction project that could reshape the area around McCormick Place.
The station will be located near the intersection of Cermak Avenue and State Street and directly west of the McCormick Place Convention Center.
The main station building will be on the north side of Cermak Road and will be located in the 2 mile stretch between the existing Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT Green Line stations.
The new CTA station is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Putin urges end to blockade of Trans-Dniester
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Family of Fayetteville Navy Yard shooting victim files suit
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage