Man shot a block from Bass School
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Police are looking for a shooter who wounded a man just a block away from a school.
The shooting happened at 64th and May near the Bass School on the South Side. The man in his twenties was wounded in the leg and buttocks and is in stable condition.
A CPS spokesperson says students at the school were brought inside the building after the shooting nearby, which is standard protocol. The shooting happened near the school but not on school grounds and otherwise students were not impacted.
CPS released a statement: "Bass School students were on school property and not near the incident in any way. However, out of an abundance of caution, school officials took additional preventive steps to ensure students remained safe. As always, we work with police and others to ensure that our students have a safe and secure learning environment every day."
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help