Alleged teen terrorist Adel Daoud accused of trying to have FBI agent killed
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Hillside man is accused of trying to have an FBI agent killed.
Adel Daoud, 19, was charged Thursday with murder-for-hire and attempted murder.
Prosecutors say back in September of 2012, Daoud allegedly tried to detonate a bomb outside a downtown bar. An undercover agent who was posing as a terrorist said he would supply Daoud with explosives.
Following the teen's arrest for that incident, prosecutors say he then tried to have the undercover agent killed.
Daoud's attorney told the I-Team on Thursday these allegations come from an "unreliable street gang jailhouse informant" and that Daoud looks forward to his day in court.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast 19 min ago
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand 28 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 9 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar