Fort Bragg solider killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG (WTVD) -- A Fort Bragg soldier was killed Wednesday in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced the death of Sgt. 1st Class Ricardo D. Young, 34, of Rosston, Ark.
Young died in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire.
He was assigned to the 307th Engineer Battalion (Combat/Airborne), 20th Engineer Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps.
fort bragg, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 13 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 58 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 51 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 5 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 58 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
27 min ago