Police investigating homicide at nightclub
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating a man's death following a shooting at a nightclub overnight.
Police were called to Chief's 25 Plus in the 600 block of W. Rowan Street, near Bragg Boulevard and Murchison Road, around 2:20 a.m. Friday.
When officers arrived, they found 37-year-old Derrick Morrisey dead in the parking lot.
Authorities said he was walking a woman at the club out to her car when he got caught in the crossfire from a robbery.
Police are currently searching for a black SUV and a silver Hyundai that was seen speeding east down Bragg Boulevard shortly after the shooting. They are also searching for the woman Morrisey was escorting to her car when he was shot.
Anyone with information concerning the shooting, the identity of the woman or the suspects involved, are asked to call detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up 59 min ago
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 40 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 3 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft