Police investigating homicide at nightclub
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating a man's death following a shooting at a nightclub overnight.
Police were called to Chief's 25 Plus in the 600 block of W. Rowan Street, near Bragg Boulevard and Murchison Road, around 2:20 a.m. Friday.
When officers arrived, they found 37-year-old Derrick Morrisey dead in the parking lot.
Authorities said he was walking a woman at the club out to her car when he got caught in the crossfire from a robbery.
Police are currently searching for a black SUV and a silver Hyundai that was seen speeding east down Bragg Boulevard shortly after the shooting. They are also searching for the woman Morrisey was escorting to her car when he was shot.
Anyone with information concerning the shooting, the identity of the woman or the suspects involved, are asked to call detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help